Do Not Sell My Information
If you are a California resident, you may make your Do Not Sell My Personal Information (DNS) request(s) below. Before you do, please read this for additional context.
Data collected through our website and eCommerce platform identifies you by name or other directly identifiable means, including, address, phone number, email, username, password, or identification card. As set forth below, you have the right to know the information collected and to use our form to request the deletion of such information. Certain information must be retained to maintain our compliance with applicable state and federal laws. Upon our receipt of your request for the deletion of information, we will verify and respond to such a request, identifying the content that we are legally capable of deleting.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) considers the sharing of some of this data, particularly when used for third-party technologies, such as with the provider of our online menu, to be a “SALE” of personal data even if no money is exchanged.
If you want us to stop “selling” your data, please submit a request below. You can also click on “Cookies Details” in your browser to make specific choices about the data “sold” on the site by controlling which cookies load on your visit.
Manage Consent Preferences
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information to third parties. You may exercise your right to opt-out of the sale of personal information by submitting a request to email@example.com, with the subject ‘DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION’.
Your Rights and Choices
You have the right to request that OAKLAND PALLET CO., INC disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and verify your request we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales — identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose — identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Subject to certain exceptions you have the right to request that OAKLAND PALLET CO., INC delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained. Once we verify your request we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We will deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities, including but not limited to the diversion of products or exceeding statutory limits for sales.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the CA Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation (e.g., records audits by licensing agencies).
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by completing the form below.
Please understand that by indicating that you do not want your information “sold,” you will no longer have access to:
- Online Ordering and Customer Profile
or can also submit a request by
- Calling us at 1-510-278-1291
- Visiting our corporate office to speak with a Manager and complete a written form.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. We cannot ask for additional information to verify the request so please be complete in your request.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [Email will be listed here] or write us at: 2366 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley, CA 94702
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
OAKLAND PALLET CO., INC reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Company collects and uses your information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law to delete PII or opt-out of data collection, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
2500 Grant Ave
San Lorenzo, CA 94580